This 1923 American LaFrance Pumper was originally purchased by the Aberdeen Fire Department on May 17 1923. The unit was the departments first motorized unit and served for 31 years when in 1954 is was sold to a farm in Cecil County Maryland. There is served the farms needs for 22 years until it was sold to private individual from Anne Arundel County Maryland in 1976. It was cared for there for approximately 31 years until today December 15 2007 when it was purchased for the second time by AFD and returned home.The unit is right hand drive with the gas pedal on the left and brakes on the right. The brakes are on two wheels only and are the mechanical type no air or hydraulics. The 6 cylinder gasoline engine powers the vehicle through a chain drive. The electrical system is only 6 volt which is why the vehicle has an auxiliary hand crank start on the front. The pump is rated at 600 gpm and is a rotary gear type.